Bed and Breakfast in La Colle sur Loup
Charming guest house at La Colle sur Loup on the French Riviera
It is at the heart of the enchanting French Riviera that I have chosen to open my guest house… an old mansion that remains fresh in the summer and warm in the winter… In the old days, it was the village blacksmith’s shop …more recently it became an architecture studio… In this old house was created most of Sophia Antipolis, the Nice cultural centre: the MAMAC the TNN theatre, the Library with the famous “ Tête carrée de Sosno”
It took me over a year to renovate it into an authentic family home… putting my attention and love into every tiny detail. “» Anne d’Hauterives
2 kms from Saint Paul de Vence, and Maeght Fondation, 10 minutes away from Nice airport and beaches, in the middle of the French Riviera, this old mansion is a little gem, the only guest house located in the heart of the village, from where you can easily walk to several good restaurants !
Facing south: an adorable enclosed garden featuring an 18th-century overflow pool. It is in the garden that you will enjoy a hearty breakfast with our renowned home-made marmalade!
La Forge welcomes you at its table and offers 5 rooms, private terraces and it’s cheerful and comfortable atmosphere under the beautiful Mediterranean sun.
Anne d’Hauterives is a specialist and lover of the “Niçois” hinterland and will be happy to share her secret itineraries without missing any essential sights, the best tables away from highly travelled roads…
Furthermore, you can book for the table d’hôte or order a picnic basket for your escapades.
The location of The Guest House
- 2 kms from Saint Paul de Vence
- Close to Nice, Cannes, Vence, Antibes, Juan-les-Pins, Saint-Jean-Cap- Ferrat, Monaco, Menton, Eze, Grasse…
- Right between sea side and mountains : the first ski resort is only half an hour from la Colle sur Loup and the beaches 10 minutes away
- Graced by cultural events throughout the year (Carnaval de Nice, Festival de Cannes, Nuits du Sud à Vence, Jazz à Nice, Jazz à Juan-les-Pins, Fête du Citron de Menton…)
- 3 kms from Cagnes-sur-Mer’s station. From there, you can take the railway line along the coast to all these resorts and Italy. Vintimille is only half an hour away !
- Surrounded by many golfs and equestrian centres.
Moment of well-being
- A masseuse can come to La Forge d’Hauterives at your demand
- Beauty parlour, hair salon, Hamman, spa and Yoga centre within walking distance from the house
La Colle sur Loup village
La Colle-sur-Loup is a typical village of the Provence of the good old days, where life is good, thanks to its mild climate, the quality of its environment and the beauty of the surrounding natural area.
Situated at the gates of the Gorges du Loup, starting point of many excursions and water sports, the town offers wild and preserved landscape.
It is no coincidence that each room is named after a precious exotic type of wood from far away countries: “Amourette“, “Palissandre“, or “Amarante“. Surrounded with antique-dealer shops, the mansion regularly organizes art exhibits and cultural events.
This provides numerous opportunities to experience truly intimate encounters and conversations with artists, between excursions or meals around Anne’s table d’hôte.